Subject – Important information about tonight’s fireworks event
We are beyond sad to say that, once again, we have been forced to cancel our planned fireworks event this evening. I’m sure you can appreciate there are very strict health and safety regulations around organised displays and our fireworks supplier has deemed it too risky to put on the show as both the Met Office and XC Weather are showing higher than permitted winds forecast for this evening.
Fireworks cannot be lit in winds above 18mph and both forecasts predict wind speeds in excess of 24mph, with gusts of 35mph. While the forecast might change, or be proved wrong, we have to abide by these rules – for everyone’s safety and to ensure our event insurance is valid.
We do understand how disappointing this news is and FOSP are absolutely gutted to have to cancel this event for the second time. We all volunteer to support the school alongside our paid jobs, and family life, and the whole team has given many hours to organising this event, twice now.
The display was designed to raise much-needed funds for the school. Instead, we will now be making a financial loss, as suppliers’ deposits have already been paid and food & drinks had to be purchased, so please be assured that the decision to cancel is out of our hands and has definitely not been taken lightly.
All ticket holders will be emailed with further information, but please be aware it will take us a few days to work through our lists. We will process ticket refunds as quickly as we can but would be really grateful for anyone who feels able to donate this money towards school funds, rather than request their cash back. If you do not require a refund, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your donation, otherwise please assume a refund will be made to your account in the next couple of days.
We’re truly sorry for the disappointment this news will cause.